Tontine™ Insulation supplied premium polyester insulation for the Rectangular Stadium, an iconic world-class sports and entertainment complex in Melbourne.
Home to the Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club, Melbourne Victory Football Club and Melbourne Heart Football Club, the Melbourne Rectangular Stadium is a brand new state-of-the-art venue designed to seat 31,500, and features an innovative ‘Bioframe’ design incorporating a unique sculptural steel roof structure.
The client specified an easy-to-use, high quality insulation product that would meet Australian Building Standards in addition to providing maximum acoustic insulation and conforming to the vision of a green and eco-friendly stadium.
Tontine Insulation supplied Nova and Tontine sound batts, meeting the client’s need for quality, eco-friendliness, flexibility, ease of transport and customer service. The insulation was installed by the contractor, Plaza Interiors (Aust) Pty. Ltd. for the builder, Grocon.
Tontine Nova insulation enhances the thermal rating and low frequency acoustic performance of lightweight walls and ceilings used in modern apartments and commercial developments.
Key features of Tontine Nova:
Key features of Tontine sound batts:
- Flexible insulation blanket manufactured from thermally bonded polyester fibre
- Provides both thermal and acoustic insulation
- Designed for use with commercial cavity wall construction using steel studs and/or steel furring channels
- Grey in colour
- Lightweight products manufactured from thermally bonded polyester fibre
- High recycled fibre content
- Non-toxic and user-friendly insulation, requiring no specific protective clothing
- Will not corrode or crumble over time
- White in colour
- Ideal for use in walls and partitions
- Provides excellent acoustic performance and reduces noise transfer between rooms