Autofire automatic closing fire windows from Smoke Control provide a practical solution to protecting windows close to boundaries in accordance with Clause C3.4 of The Building Code of Australia (BCA).
The system can be used on a day-to-day basis with a fusible link that releases at 68°C allowing the window to close and latch in the event of a fire. The windows are top hinged, which enables automatic and fail safe closing, without being connected to an alarm.
Autofire automatic closing fire windows use 6mm thick Pyroswiss extra fire-resistant glass, which is manufactured by Vetrotech/St Gobain.
This glass provides maximum transparency and can be integrated with other St Gobain glasses to form double glazed units making them ideal for solar control, low emissivity and enhanced thermal insulation.
Key features of automatic closing fire windows:
- Fire ratings up to two hours
- Operable for fresh air
- Class A Safety Glass
- Slimline framing 50 x 45mm incorporates weather seal gasket
- Double glazed units available
- Available in powder-coated finish
- Double galvanised frame for maximum corrosion protection
- Can be incorporated into fixed pane systems for larger openings
Maximum sizes for opening window:
- Height: 1200mm
- Width: 1620mm
Larger sizes can be accommodated by incorporating fixed lights.