Honeywell Safety Products provides a range of safety and personal protective equipment, designed to offer best-in-class-safety, quality and performance when working with asbestos.
Given the health risks associated with airborne asbestos particles, especially during asbestos removal, it is essential that anyone working with the material wears a respirator.
Honeywell Safety Products recommends the Optifit Convertible P3 rated full face powered air purifying respirators for asbestos removal. The Optifit Convertible PAPR includes a full face piece, P3 filter, blower unit providing a flow rate of 170 lpm), power cord, battery pack and filter shower cap to provide a high level of protection against inhaling asbestos fibres.
Key features of the Optifit Convertible PAPR:
- Face piece offers distortion-free visibility and optical clarity with a replaceable, impact-resistant polycarbonate lens treated with anti-scratch coating
- Silicone skirt offers exceptional durability and comfort
- Nose cup prevents fogging
- Moulded-in speaking diaphragm provides improved audio transmission for clear communication
- Available in three sizes (small, medium and large)
- Choice of 5-point strap or black industrial mesh head net to fit comfort level
- P3 rated filter provides filtering efficiency of greater than 99.95% as required under ASNZS 1716: 2012
- Filter shower cap can be placed over the top of the filter to protect the filter when putting the mask through a decontamination shower following asbestos exposure
- Certified to AS/NZS 1716:2012 Lic SMK 0952
- Meets the ANSI/UL 913 standard for intrinsically safe apparatus for use in Class 1, Division 1, Groups A, B, C and D hazardous locations
Honeywell Safety Products recommends P1 or P2 disposable respirators for persons working around asbestos, but not responsible for its removal.
These disposable respirators include the 5110 Cup Shape Dust Respirator P1 Unvalved, 4110 Flatfold Respirator P1 Unvalved, the 5210 Premium Respirator P2 Unvalved and 4210 Flatfold Respirator P2 Unvalved.
Key features of P1/ P2 disposable respirators:
- Disposable masks do not restrict vision or communication, enabling users to work safely and efficiently
- Designed to fit in combination with eyewear
- Low breathing resistance encourages longer wear time by improving wearer comfort
- Humidity resistant and hypoallergenic filter ensures maximum respirator service life
- Durable, latex-free suspension straps eliminate pre-stretching and have a flame retardant outer shell for greater safety
- Offers resistance to clogging
- Latex, silicone and PVC free, making the respirators suitable for all workers without risk of possible allergies
- Certified to AS/NZS 1716:2003 standards
Honeywell Safety Products advises workers to consult their relevant state legislation to ensure compliance in all aspects of asbestos removal including selection of the right PPE for the job.