A new point of use sequential thermostatic mixing valve (TMV) range with superior scald protection along with water and energy-saving features has been released by Enware Australia.
The Aquablend SQX sequential thermostatic mixing valves offer innovative point-of-use mixing, resulting in significant savings in water and energy consumption.
The Aquablend SQX is an Australian designed and manufactured as well as Watermark certified thermostatic mixer range. The new mixer range incorporates enhanced thermostatic performance and is the next generation product within Enware’s proven market-leading Aquablend TMV range.
According to Tim Fisher, General Manager - Marketing and Innovation, Enware Australia, the new Aquablend point of use sequential thermostatic mixers deliver a significant new choice for healthcare building designers, particularly within the aged care, hospital, medical, disabled and child care projects in addition to at-risk applications where optimum temperature control of heated water delivery is imperative.
Hot water is typically stored in buildings at around 60°C or above to eliminate a possible breeding ground for deadly Legionella bacteria. However, water at this temperature may scald if inadvertently released without mixing with cold water.
Heated water stored or re-circulated within a building at lower temperatures presents an increased risk of high microbial counts, posing further risk to the user.
The recognition of this risk in areas such as hospitals has seen some dramatic changes in heated water system designs, especially in the closely aligned UK healthcare market. Point of use thermostatic mixers are now recognised as best practice applications and incorporated into relevant Healthcare Codes in the UK in order to minimise the Legionella risk exposure of patients and healthcare professionals alike.
The Aquablend SQX Thermostatic range includes basin taps, shower mixer taps and a wall- mounted surgeon set. The extended lever design provides easy control for people with disabilities and for surgical/ clinical hand washing with optional flow rates to meet specific requirements.
Key features of Aquablend SQX Sequential Thermostatic Mixers:
- Precisely blends heated and cold water at the point of use to ensure a constant desired temperature in 38ºC to 43.5ºC range
- Suitable for wash basins, showers and bathtubs to prevent scalding or user discomfort
- Can be integrated into a point of use mixer directly to minimise Legionella risk, eliminating warm water lines where Legionella may breed
- Australian designed and manufactured
- Integrated sequential thermostatic cartridge
- Heat disinfection directly at the point of use
- Cool Touch technology minimises heat transfer to the outer surfaces of the mixer
- Water and energy efficiency
- Ergonomically designed lever handles
- Self-draining spout technology
- Safely delivers to ±2ºC under varying temperature and pressure conditions
- Safety from scalding and shock is ensured by the thermal shut-off capabilities
- Certified to AS/NZS 4032.1 – 2005