MEGAPLUG pipe plugs, available from Giant Inflatables , are used to temporarily seal off a pipe for pressure testing, repairs, purging, or blocking contaminates.
The MEGAPLUG is a Kevlar reinforced, multi-size, inflatable pipe plug that is chemical resistant, and used within a variable diameter large bore pipe range. This makes stocking the wide range of sizes required a simplified operation.
The MEGAPLUG multi-size, inflatable pipe plug is available with or without bypass ports. They are inserted into a pipe and inflated to form plugs that can withstand head pressures of 6-15psi.
Common applications of pipe plugs include:
- Leak testing of new pipe lines
- Leak detection by pressure of repairs to pipelines
- Municipal testing of sewage pipelines
- Stopping flow in a pipeline for maintenance or repair down stream
- Pipeline acceptance testing, or to stop flow so infiltration of a section can be measured
- Flood control to prevent rising oceans or river water from entering an outfall
- Reducing the entry of toxic gases into the work area
- Purging pipes of contaminate gasses for welding
- Flooding pipe with shielding gas during welding repairs and co-joining