PracticaMMC Pty Ltd – Masterwall and Masterfloor has recently introduced a new range of MasterWall external cladding systems.
The MasterWall K-Series external cladding systems include products sourced from Kingspan, Europe's leading high performance insulation manufacturer.
Similar to the MasterWall wall systems used in residential developments, the MasterWall K-Series external cladding systems address the needs of commercial projects and customers in the residential market seeking high thermal and fire performance. The K-Series is based on Kingspan's super high performance phenolic boards.
MasterWall K-Series external cladding systems include:
- Kooltherm K5 external wall boards with high cladding insulation properties
- Kooltherm K10 insulation for concrete soffits
- Kooltherm K15 insulation for use behind rainscreen cladding systems
K-Series Kooltherm K5 is currently undergoing a variety of tests to meet compliance requirements within the BCA. All testing results along with an engineer’s report, K-Series K5 Specification Guide, Construction Details and CodeMark Accreditation on the product itself will allow the company to achieve a Building Commission Accreditation for the K-Series Kooltherm K5 EIF System.
Testing completed to date:
- Static wind pressure: Category N4 achieved
- Water pressure test: Passed @N4 (3KPA)
- Bushfire Attack Level pilot testing: BAL 40 achieved
- Early Fire Hazard 1530.3 completed: Zero spread of flame
- CodeMark thermal performance
- Class I
Results from the pilot testing for the Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) are positive and Kooltherm K5 will be one of the earliest EIF systems in Australia to achieve such a rating.
Current products on the market to achieve BAL 40 rating are masonry-based products that are heavy at up to 90kg per panel, making installation cumbersome and slow. A 50mm K5 system rates at R2.8, installed without the use of insulation in the frame cavity.