Decor Classics have taken another step towards providing eco-friendly items to the Australian market with the introduction of bamboo towel sets to their extensive product list.
These towels are made from 100% bamboo fibre. Décor Classics were encouraged to join in this venture by their associate in the United States who refined the process with of 100% bamboo fibre being used for the making of the towels.
While there are a few companies in Australia selling bamboo and cotton mix towels, the manufacture of the towels using only bamboo, is new to the Australian market.
These bamboo towels are soft, even after many washes.
Bamboo textiles have the following benefits:
- Supersoft - Bamboo towels are amazingly soft even after repeated washes, they remain softer than the finest of cotton towels.
- Eco-Friendly Cultivation - Bamboo requires very little attention when grown, and is typically cultivated without the use of herbicides or pesticides. Harvesting bamboo leaves the root of the plant alive, thereby preventing erosion.
- Naturally Anti- Microbal - Textiles made from bamboo fibres resist the growth of bacteria, mildew, fungus and other microbes. This means that towels stay fresher for longer between washings.
- Highly Water Absorbent And Fast Drying- Because of the structure of the individual bamboo fibres (long hollow tubes) bamboo textiles are highly absorbent, and are fast during. Bamboo towels absorb as much as three (3) times the water as a similar weight Cotton towel, and dry twice as fast.
- Energy Saving - Bamboo towels will save money on the utility bills. Water can be saved by washing them less often because they stay fresh for longer between washes. Since it is washed only in cold water, they dry super fast when they are washed. This saves energy on both the wash and the dry cycle.