Flooring specialist Transitions Polishing and Grinding recommends honed concrete for external flooring requirements.
Honed concrete floors combine a high aesthetic value with great versatility and functionality to create designer floors that last for a long time.
Honed concrete offers the look and feel of contemporary designer floors, the versatility of polished concrete floors and the functionality of hard wearing outdoor floors.
A key advantage of honed concrete is the flexibility available in choice of colours, stone types and floor design to suit exact requirements.
Following installation, the floor is sealed with a quality penetrative sealer that works by absorbing into the concrete pores and acts as protection against the harsh Australian climate.
Honed concrete floors require very little maintenance and will last for 5-7 years before a re-coat is required.
Honed concrete is commonly used in home environments around pools, on pathways and driveways as well as in outdoor entertainment areas. In the commercial environment, honed concrete floors are suitable for all public access areas including walkways, staircases and foyer areas.
Key benefits of honed concrete outdoor floors:
- Can be installed on new or existing slabs of concrete
- Ideal for both residential and commercial projects
- High slip resistance
- Withstands the harsh Australian climate whilst maintaining colour and look
- Flexibility to choose colours, stone types and floor design
- Ideal for pool surrounds, pathways, driveways and outdoor entertainment areas
- Commercial applications include public access areas such as walkways, staircases and foyer areas
- Suitable for benches, benchtops, tables and wet bars