Perform flexible roof flashing, distributed exclusively in Australia through DEKS Industries
is part of a new generation of materials designed to replace lead in roofing products.
A reliable roofing staple for hundreds of years, lead is no longer used as a building material with its toxic properties resulting in a ban in many countries around the world. Queensland builders and plumbers are facing a similar ban and will need to find alternatives to lead soon.
Karl Whitten, National Sales and Marketing Manager for DEKS Industries says that in terms of functionality, Perform flexible roof flashing is comparable with lead but much ahead when it comes to safety, ease of use and weight.
Karl explains that Perform flexible roof flashing is more than 60% lighter than lead, with the lightweight composite made of stretchable aluminium moulded into a special type of polymer rubber.
Perform lead-free roof flashing is not only environment-friendly but also maintains the integrity of the roof and provides superior waterproofing qualities.
Key benefits of Perform flexible roof flashing over lead:
- No leaching of chemicals or colouring agents
- Made from environment-friendly materials, preventing contamination or contaminated water run-off
- Lightweight and easy to handle for quick installation
- Suitable for all roof shapes and types
- Can be cut to size easily with a Stanley knife or tin snips and then shaped to fit the roof surface
- Form stability increases over time with fastening to the roofing not required after shaping
- Edges of the material can be folded over for greater strength and stability
- Nails or rivets should be used if mounted on walls
- Delivered in grey, black and red; can be painted over to suit roof colour
- 10-year warranty
- Comes in rolls ranging from 250mm to 600mm; non-standard sizes up to 1200mm rolls on special order