3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Hot Melt Adhesives liquify when heated and quickly fill gaps and wet the bonding surface.
Applied to only one surface, the cool, harden , and reach bond strength in seconds. Usersu can move assemblies immediately and eliminate clamps, drying time and energy. Each adhesive is engineered for efficient applications with an easy-to-use 3M portable applicator and minimal operator training is required.
Unlike mechanical fasteners and sealing tapes, hot melt adhesive is virtually invisible between the mating surfaces.
Hot melts are 100% solids thermoplastic resins that can re-melt after bonding if exposed to high enough temperature.
There are many options for selecting melt point and heat resistance for specific applications:
Electronics and Electrical
- Improve productivity
- Minimise Waste
- Available in hot and low melt options
Point-of-purchase, displays, trade exhibits
- Easily secure wires to resist strain and breakage
- Quick setting for potting even at great depth
- Terminate coils
- Cable strain relief
- Bundle wires for convenient handling
Manual and corrugated carton sealing
- Bond foam spacers into 3-dimensional corrugated cardboard POP display
- Attach samples of wood flooring, laminates, foams, fabric or other materials and small products to display board
- Attach decorations to baskets
- Assemble dried floral arrangements
- Bond polystyrene foam and other materials used in counter top displays, jewellery cases
Furniture and woodworking
- Bond and seal any size and configuration of corrugated carton quickly and invisibly including RSCs, FOLs, and 5-panel folded
- Securely bond lightly waxed surfaces that may be difficult for tape to seal
- Attach inserts including heat-sensitive foam
- Wood to wood assembly of non-structural components in home and office furniture cabinetry
- Third-hand holding components while structural wood adhesive cures
- Secure drawer bottoms, guides and stiffeners
- Attach upholstery to wood and plastic
- Bond metal to plastic nameplates to trophies
- Quick easy assembly of many materials in luggage and carrying cases
- Assemble many materials used in novelties, toys, games and costumes
- 3M TCQ 3738: General purpose for wood, furniture and plastics
- 3M TCQ 3748: Good thermal and electrical properties, non-corrosive to copper, bonds PP
- 3M TCQ 3762: Low cost, general purpose. Fast setting for corrugated packaging etc.
- 3M TCQ 3762 Low Melt: Low temperature adhesive for beadboard, corrugated packaging etc
- 3M TCQ 3764: Clear, can bond many plastics, wood, vinyl.Good impact resistance.
- 3M TCQ 3789: High performance for plastics, wood and vinyl. Good impact resistance.
- 3M 3792 Low Melt: Low temperature,long bonding range for many lightweight materials
- 3M Gummy Glue: Low temperature adhesive that removes easily for temperature attaching lightweight items