A number of leading figures in the architecture, engineering and construction industry will gather on 10 October at the University of New South Wales to discuss ways to boost the presence of women within the industry.
To be held at UNSW, the ‘Engaging Women in the Built Environment’ conference will showcase 20 presentations from women in the industry and academia. The goal of the event is to garner support for all women in the built environment and to share ideas about how the industry can work together as a whole, through new and innovative ways.
Architects participating include founding directors of Aileen Sage, Amelia Holliday and Isabelle Toland , Barbara Schaffer from the NSW Government Architects Office, interior architect Iva Durakovic, UNSW Associate Professor Linda Corkery, Sue Barnsley Principal of Sue Barnsley Designs, and Virginia Kerridge Principal of Virginia Kerridge Architecture.
Following the presentations, attendees are invited to join the presenters for a networking event in the Red Centre Gallery where the Luminocity student exhibition is on view. This will provide the opportunity to connect with women from all areas and levels of industry, to establish relationships with those whom have synergies and mutual interests.
Date: Monday, 10th October 2016
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Venue: G001 Theatre, Red Centre West Wing, UNSW Kensington (Map Ref H13)
See more at: https://www.be.unsw.edu.au/events/engaging-women-built-environment#sthash.KVCyNYdj.dpuf
Full list of presenters:
- Alison Mirams | General Manager NSW/ACT, Building, Lendlease
- Alison Page | Designer & Filmaker, Zakpage
- Amelia Holliday & Isabelle Toland | Founding Directors, Aileen Sage
- Amy Bendall | Urban Designer, City of Sydney
- Barbara Schaffer | Principal Landscape Architect Government Architects Office
- Adjunct Professor Diane Jones | PTW, Executive Director
- Associate Professor of Practice Elizabeth Farrelly | UNSW Built Environment
- Dr. Hazel Easthope | Senior Research Fellow, City Futures Research Centre
- Iva Durakovic | Interior Architecture, Sessional Academic
- Jane Rothschild | Project Director Anganwadi Project and Caroline Kite | Project Volunteer
- Jo Lees (nee Skinner) | Senior Project Engineer, Lendlease
- Julie Bindon | Founding Director, JBA
- Kirsten Stanisich | Director, Interior Design, SJB
- Associate Professor Linda Corkery | Landscape Architecture, UNSW Built Environment
- Lucy Hughes Turnbull AO | Chief Commissioner, Greater Sydney Commission
- Natalie Galea | PhD Candidate. UNSW Built Environment
- Natalie Pelleri | Research Associate, UNSW Built Environment
- Nicole Gardner | Lecturer, Computational Design UNSW Built Environment
- Rina Bernabei | Senior Lecturer, Industrial Design, UNSW Built Environment
- Professor of Practice Sue Holliday | Director of Urban Policy and Strategy, UNSW Built Environment ShanShan Wang | Designer, Roam Technologies
- Adjunct Professor Sue Barnsley | Principal, Sue Barnsley Designs
- Professor Susan Thompson | Planning, UNSW Built Environment
- Virginia Kerridge | Principal, Virginia Kerridge Architecture