Slate veneer available from TXTR-LITE is a natural stone veneer product ideal for cladding on a variety of surfaces.
Being a natural product, slate veneer sheets vary in texture, colour and appearance, a diversity that imparts a distinctive and elegant appeal to all interior and exterior applications on various surfaces.
Slate is a fine-grained, homogeneous metamorphic rock derived from original shale-type sedimentary rock composed of clay or volcanic ash through low grade regional metamorphism. The result is a foliated rock in which the foliation may not correspond to the original sedimentary layering.
Flexible slate veneers are created through a complex manufacturing process using a special polyester resin with glass fibres that peels off millimetre-thin layers from slate rocks. The new slate veneers address a major need for a flexible, adaptable, durable and weather-resistant stone cladding material.
Being highly flexible, slate veneers can be applied over concrete, ceramic, wood, metal, plywood, fibreglass, backer board, tile, dry wall, painted surfaces, MDF, door skins and cabinetry among other substrates.
Slate veneers are however not recommended for commercial flooring or countertops. The flexible veneer may be used on countertops by placing glass, acrylic or any other transparent material on it.
Key features of flexible slate veneer:
- Lightweight, flexible, multi-coloured stone veneers with unlimited application possibilities
- Can be adhered to any standard building surface with common construction adhesives
- Suitable for use in various environments where a lightweight real stone finish is desired
- Made from thin layers of real stone, providing the look and feel of real stone
- Time and labour saving product that does not require all standard masonry tools or methods