Spray polyurethane foam insulation from Planet Green Insulation has many practical applications. These include:
- Air barriers
- Aeroplane wings - increased structural strength
- Barges - flotation
- Boats - flotation
- Cavity fillings
- Clean rooms - climate control
- Commercial - insulation for walls, ceilings, attics and basements
- Floating docks - flotation
- Industrial - insulation for pipes, tanks, cold storage facilities, freezers and walk-in coolers
- Produce storage room - climate control
- Residential - insulation for walls, ceilings, attics and basements
- Ships - flotation
Spray polyurethane foam insulation can have many different properties depending on the requirements of the client. For example the foam can be made up to be semi rigid and soft to touch which is an ideal consistency to use for high density roofing foam or as a rigid foam which is suitable for insulating different types of commercial and residential refrigeration equipment.
The foam insulation is installed as a liquid which then rapidly expands to many times its original size. The foam plastic chemically bonds to the surface on which it has been sprayed and its closed cell structure means that it is also water resistant. However to prevent UV surface degradation, the foam must be protected by an elastomeric coating or other covering such as aggregate.