Intuitive automated smart home control systems from Philip Dynalite have been installed at The George apartments comprising of ten luxuriously appointed boutique homes.
Located in Sydney’s lower north shore suburb of Mosman, the apartments leverage the strengths of Philips Dynalite’s smart home technology, offering residents start-of-the-art functionality with an intuitive and uncomplicated interface.
The advanced smart home control systems were commissioned at The George by system integrator, Intelligent Control Systems, a member of the Philips Dynalite Dimension dealer network.
Key requirements prior to the installation of smart home control systems at The George included versatile functionality to maximise user comfort and convenience while remaining user-friendly in operation.
These smart home control systems also needed to be flexible enough to meet the specific individual needs of each resident while being adaptable enough to match their changing requirements over time.
The requirement was for efficient lighting controls and home automation systems that performed well without being too limiting and were simple to operate. For instance, the system needed to be able to accommodate different moods to enhance the ambience of various areas while highlighting a number of architectural features within the apartments and in the external terraces and gardens.
The Philips Dynalite solution
Philips Dynalite developed a modular template for each apartment as a first step with pre-planned lighting pathways and scenes. The modular smart home control systems could then be customised with slight adjustments to accommodate different layouts.
The modular control systems dramatically reduced the design, installation and commissioning costs.
The lighting control solution incorporated a combination of dimming and switching in all areas, which were programmed as preset scenes to create a series of pathways and lighting moods.
Highlights of the Philips Dynalite smart home control systems
- Five circuits of lighting in the kitchens, incorporating high-level concealed strip lighting, pendants, downlights, bench-lights and lights set into the joinery
- Lights activated simply at the press of a single button, without the need to manually adjust several different light levels
- Automated control for the home lighting systems enabled by a number of Philips Dynalite controllers
- Three leading-edge lighting controllers for dimming, four relay controllers for switching and a multipurpose controller to achieve a combination of dimming and switching in each apartment
- Relay controllers used to control heated towel rails and exhaust fans in the bathroom, motorised blinds in the bedroom and living areas, and motorised awnings on the terraces
- Timer clock enables automatic activation of selected features such as the heated towel rails and external lighting
- User control achieved through Philips Dynalite Revolution backlit keypads
- Customised keypads front a sophisticated backbone provided by Philips Dynalite’s peer-to-peer communications serial bus network, DyNet
- Control scenarios minimised on each user-interface panel to maximise the size of the buttons and reduce clutter
- All lighting and automation can also be controlled from the touchscreen panel located near the kitchen allowing users to change presets for specific areas
- Expandable system with the capability to control an array of integrated devices
- ‘Good evening’ feature lights up a pathway from the front door to the living areas and master bedroom at the touch of a button
- ‘Goodbye’ feature automatically turns off all lights after a timed delay upon departure
- Button on bedside panel can turn off all lights including external lighting at night
- Subdued-lighting pathway to the ensuite can be activated using another button on the bedside panel
- ‘Panic button’ on the bedside panel switches lights on, triggers an audible alarm and relays a remote alarm to an off-site monitoring facility
The Philips Dynalite smart home control system delivers a simple, stylish lighting and home automation system that enhances the ambience and complements the building’s stunning architecture in addition to providing comfort, convenience, security and reassurance for the residents.