Matrix Productions has invested in eight VARI*LITE VLX wash luminaires, making it the first production company in Western Australia to purchase the award-winning light fixtures.
Mick Letchford, Matrix’s Lighting Designer explains that the VLX wash combines the benefits of LED technology and the superior characteristics of traditional automated luminaires to offer versatile functionality.
The user-friendly operation enables easy colour-mixing while the colours are very rich and have really good intensity.
Key benefits of VARI*LITE VLX wash luminaires:
- Silent colour changes in comparison to traditional moving lights
- Allows mixing of pastel colours
- High performance and quiet operation
- Fast, accurate and silent movement
- VLX design and handles make it easy to rig the unit
- Light can be mounted and operated in any position
Lamps can be a major cost component in production hire in comparison with LED options that feature a long-life source and require considerably less maintenance, combined with low energy consumption and maintenance costs.
is a leading Australian distributor of professional sound, lighting and staging equipment.