Uni-Nail is designed to be laid directly onto joists, battens over concrete, or even nailed to old timber flooring.
Precision-milled to 19mm thick, the Uni-Nail profile is designed for a tight plank-to-plank fit. Tongue and groove joints on both sides and ends of the plank ensure a continuous and stable surface.
The end matching, which is a tongue and groove on the ends of the boards, removes the need for ends to fall directly over a joist or batten. This results in less cutting and less waste.
Uni-Nail tongue and groove strip flooring is designed to be nailed down. Board widths up to 80mm can be secret-nailed into the tongue while wider boards up to 130mm are top-nailed.
As any solid timber product will be effected by changes in the moisture content of the ait, Connollys Timber & Flooring recommends that Uni-Nail is acclimatised to its new environment for an appropriate time.
Your new floor should then be professionally installed. The beauty of Uni-Nail is that it can handle traffic as soon as it is laid, allowing for other trades to finish their jobs before a final sanding and application of the finish.
For optimum performance, timber flooring should be installed when the area it is going into has reached its long-term equilibrium moisture content. This will help minimise any movement in the boards.
Uni-Nail can be used in the following flooring applications:
- Nailed to battens over a concrete slab
- Nailed to timber joists over bearers
- Nailed to plywood over concrete or timber joists
- Nailed to old timber strip flooring over joists
Better for the environment
Timber is one of the world's few truly renewable natural resources. The native hardwood that you buy from Connollys is sourced from a forest that is sustainably managed through a rigorous framework of both Commonwealth and State laws and regulations.
- Alpine Ash
- Australian Beech
- Sydney Blue Gum
- Rose Gum
- Forest Reds
- Red Mahogany
- Spotted Gum
- Tasmanian Oak
- 60mm. 80mm and 130mm wide, 19mm thick
- Random lengths 900mm to 5400mm
- Other sizes may be available upon request
- Select - minimal natural variations
- Standard - beautiful variations in grain as well as natural features such as gum veins and insect trails
- Feature - high in natural and machine features of Uni-Nail Flooring