Selling architect-designed homes: real estate marketed on architectural merit
What I've learnt from Murcutt: Tony Jemmott [Profile]
Registrations for the 2016 Glenn Murcutt International Master Class are now open and The Architecture Foundation Australia are welcoming those interested in attending to submit an application.
Since its 2001 conception, the Master Class has become a major annual event on the international architecture calendar and has attracted architects and senior students from over seventy nations around the world.
The Master Class is hosted by Murcutt but also includes pedagogy from Australian Institute of Architects Gold Medallists Peter Stutchbury, Brit Andresen and Richard Leplastrier. Lindsay Johnston, the former Dean of Architecture at the University of Newcastle, will be the Master Class convener in 2016 and Aboriginal Elder Uncle Max Dulumunmun Harrison will return again once again to teach master class students about the significance of the Australia native landscape.
The first week is held at the Arthur and Yvonne Boyd Education Centre on the Shoalhaven River south of Sydney. Participants live in what has been described as Murcutt’s “Master Work”, spend time with Murcutt, and experience private visits to some of his famous houses. The second week in 2016 will be held, as in previous years, in heritage building in Sydney. Murcutt personally leads the Master Class, stays at ‘Riversdale’ with the participants and tutors all groups.
Thee intensive two-week design studio program involves a design project undertaken in groups and culminating, at the end of week two, with a design presentation by participants and a critique by Murcutt and the other tutors. The studio program, associated lectures and supporting events equate to 150 hours high-level study at postgraduate level. The spirit of the event is that participation is the focus and there is no formal assessment. A certificate of satisfactory completion will be issued to all participants completing the program. Professional institutes and universities internationally have, over the years since its inception, accepted this event as gaining professional development or academic credit points.
There are only 32 places available and applications are assessed on credentials and merit, with preference to early applicants.
- What: Glenn Murcutt International Architecture Master Class
- Tutors: Glenn Murcutt, Brit Andresen, Richard Leplastrier, Peter Stutchbury and Lindsay Johnston
- Date: 03 - 17 July 2016
- Location: Arthur and Yvonne Boyd Education Centre, Shoalhaven, NSW, Australia
- Cost: AUS $7,500 + 10% GST - AUS$8,250 - includes tuition fees, twin share accommodation, excursions, lectures, coach transfers, and most meals (except free evenings in Sydney on the second week). Does NOT include international travel.
- Applications: You must submit an online application and be accepted to attend. Complete the application here
- Contact: [email protected]
- More information: Get a sense of the program from testimonials