Darling Square comprises of 6 residential towers with 1,500 apartments and 29 retail tenants all on the doorstep to Darling Harbour in Sydney. The total project was valued at 3.4 billion dollars making it one of the largest private developments in Australia.
The project had high spec floor finishes, and this required a level and sound substrate. Contractors were requested by Lendlease (builder) to price floor rectifications and bring the substrate up to a standard where all flooring products could be installed. Sika provided product recommendations for all areas including internal and external substrates.
- Substrate should not have more than ±3mm over 3m so timber and tiles may be laid flat with surrounding flooring.
- All adjoining areas (halls, bedrooms, kitchens, lounge) must have the same tolerances.
- Balconies needing to create falls to drains prior to waterproofing and tile installations.
- Repair products required when patching concrete after sections are removed.
After discussions with the contractor a specific product selection was made based around the project’s requirements. Sika's levelling compounds – Sikafloor Level Top and Sikafloor Level 30 – were going to be used in greater numbers, but it was important Sika offered a fully integrated solution to the builder. The contractor was successful, and work began early 2018 and finished mid 2019, more than 12 months after.
Sika Products Used:
- Sikafloor 01 Primer
- Sikafloor Level Top
- Sikafloor Level 30
- Sikafloor Level Pro Finish
- Sikafloor Rapid Patch
Date: February 2018 – May 2019
Location: Harbour St, Haymarket Sydney NSW 2000
Project: Darling Square
Project Size: 112,500 m²