Be it a glazed curtain wall, a tensioned fabric roof, an elegant suspension bridge or a cable net, Ronstan’s Cable & Rod Systems as the primary load carrying structure, deliver a unique depth and openness, with large spans made possible by balancing the need for reduced self-weight, with the application of minimalist and efficient high tensile cable tendons or structural rods. This is lightweight tensile architecture at its peak and a Ronstan passion.
The intriguing capabilities of Ronstan’s structural cable and rod systems are artfully revealed through their many applications. Our aim is to inspire, enthuse and to provide a simple guide for selecting the right tension cables or rods for your application, even if you have never designed with thes4e applications before.
With Ronstan’s fully-staffed design and engineering department, we’re ready to assist you with concept development, fitting selection and project management, all tailor-made for your specific needs.
- Highest load capacity of Ronstan’s Structural Cables & Rods reduce structure mass with flow-on benefits in transport and construction costs
- Fixed-length, pre-stretched cables manufactured to nominated design loads
- Galfan® coated carbon steel (inner round wires heavy galvanized)
- Outer strands fully locked and profiled for highest cross-sectional area, load capacity and corrosion resistance
- High modulus of elasticity and high resistance to deformation and surface pressure