Kennards Lift & Shift has acquired 26 Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) units that are now available for hire.
Featuring a new ergonomic design, the Self Contained Breathing Apparatus is one of the lightest in its class and has been developed in conjunction with an osteopath.
Moulded to fit the spine contour and back muscles of the user, the SCBA design helps increase comfort and ease of movement while reducing wearer fatigue.
Kennards Lift & Shift has added the SCBA units to its equipment hire range to meet the increasing demand for the product across a range of industry sectors for personnel who operate in potentially hazardous confined space environments.
Key features of the Self Contained Breathing Apparatus:
- Flame retardant polyester webbing with wraparound harnesses
- Adjustable padded shoulder straps allow free movement while performing overhead tasks or climbing ladders
- Padded waistband features large buckles to enable easy operation with gloved hands
- Simple and reliable two-stage pneumatic system at the heart of the unit
- First breath activated positive pressure demand valve provides low breathing resistance and excellent dynamic performance particularly at high flow rates
- Each unit undergoes mandatory maintenance testing certification and inspection every six months
- Full service history and operator manual available online by scanning the unit’s QR Code tag
Kennards Lift & Shift General Manager, Andrew Lambert explains that hiring their SCBA units saves on the large capital outlay for companies or small business owners who only require a unit once or twice a year.
He adds that the SCBA units are ideally suited for use by emergency services as well as planned maintenance works and plant shutdowns, underground and open-cut mining operations, and maintenance inspections of sewer mains and access tunnels. The SCBA units can also be used for assessing storage tanks and transport containers of volatile products at petrochemical plants and oil and gas refineries.
Kennards Lift & Shift has an extensive range of confined space and height safety products and accessories at their equipment hire centres in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne (two outlets), Sydney, Brisbane and Townsville.