Three new Airblade hand dryers developed by a team of 125 Dyson engineers combine high speed, hygiene and sustainable operation to dry hands effectively in public washrooms.
The new Airblade hand dryers feature the new and powerful Dyson digital motor, a power dense brushless DC motor that utilises a bonded magnet encased in a carbon fibre sleeve. One of the world’s smallest and fully integrated 1600W motors, it uses digital pulse technology to accelerate from 0 to 90,000 rpm in less than 0.7 seconds.
The new Dyson Airblade hand dryers include:
- Dyson Airblade Tap hand dryer: Wash and dry hands in one place without leaving the sink
- Dyson Airblade V hand dryer: 60% smaller with no compromise on performance
- Dyson Airblade mk2 hand dryer: Weighs 2.5kg less and has a smaller carbon footprint
Where conventional hand dryers use one column of bacteria-filled bathroom air to ineffectually evaporate water from hands, Dyson Airblade hand dryers dry hands quickly, effectively and safely thanks to the unique and advanced Airblade technology and HEPA filters.
The Airblade technology has sheets of high velocity unheated air travel through tiny apertures, quickly scraping water from hands and leaving them fully dry. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer passes bacteria-laden washroom air through a HEPA filter to remove 99.9% of bacteria before it comes into contact with hands.
The high performance Dyson digital motor self-adjusts 6,000 times a second to maintain optimum efficiency while creating a high velocity sheet of air that dries hands quickly and hygienically.
Key features of Dyson Airblade Tap hand dryers:
Key features of Dyson Airblade V hand dryers:
- Washes and dries hands with no need to leave the sink
- Infrared sensors pinpoint hand positions and release water from the tap stem
- Once hands are wet and drying is requested, integrated circuitry activates the motor creating two high velocity sheets of air on the tap’s branches
- Unheated clean air is released to scrape water off hands leaving them dry quickly
Key features of Dyson Airblade mk2 hand dryers:
- Concentrated Airblade technology with no compromise on drying performance
- 60% smaller than the original, yet dries hands fast
- Two sheets of high velocity air angled at 115° span the width of each hand to scrape off water
- Reengineered for improved acoustics and lower carbon emissions
- 2.5kg of materials removed from the machine for a lighter design
- HACCP approved for hygiene
- Ideal for use in the food and beverage industry