EuroCucina 2012, Europe's only major trade show for the international kitchen furniture was held in Saloni in Milan, Italy from 17-22 April 2012.
In recent years, kitchens have become one of the most multifaceted, well thought out and technology-rich parts of residential homes, as functionality takes on a whole new level. It comes as no surprise that kitchen manufactures and designers are challenged with decisions on materials, finishes, hinges and the rationalisation on movement and workflow of kitchen furniture.
"EuroCucina was very inspirational. I was pleased to see Australian designers and manufacturers are very current and aligned to the world's most influential designers and kitchen manufacturers", said David Noakes, Blum Director of Sales and Marketing.
Top 10 kitchen furniture trends at EuroCucina 2012
- Curves and soft lines
- Attractive finishes such as painted fronts and panels, closely followed by wood grains and natural timbers
- Acrylic solid surfaces
- Lift systems like AVENTOS in overhead cabinets, most with an electrical opening support systems such as SERVO-DRIVE
- Internal lighting in cabinets
- Stainless steel bench tops or subtly incorporated into the kitchen design
- Individualisation to products to personalise kitchen designs such as TANDEMBOX intivo for personalised drawer sides
- Distressed kitchen materials such as knotted oak with a vintage effect
- Internal storage solutions
- Environmentally-friendly materials
Blum is at the forefront of these kitchen furniture trends, turning opening and closing of furniture into a graceful and enhancing experience for over 50 years. Blum focuses their efforts to ensure their fitting systems epitomise excellent quality with their well thought out function, recognised design and durability.