The Pronal range of CLT liftcushions from Air Springs Supply provide controllable lifting power even in awkward site conditions, such as soft ground, confined trenches, crash recovery areas, uneven earthworks and other situations that may create hazards for conventional lifting technologies.
The CLT lift cushions have the capacity to delicately raise loads ranging from heavy vehicles, pipelines and plant through to beams, bridge components, building components, machinery and resource development structures.
Designed for a comprehensive variety of applications, the Pronal lift cushions range from ultra-thin bags (20mm thick deflated) that can lift weights of more than 65 tonnes each, to powerful spreading cushions with the capacity to exert hundreds of tonnes of force to part plant and machinery components for servicing.
Air Springs Industrial Products Manager, Mr James Maslin, says, “Pronal bags combine the advantages of high durability and power with gentle, precisely controlled lifting that can spread the load over broader surfaces of the object being lifted, rather than focusing the power on point loads.”
“Sometimes cranes, slings or cylinders may not be the right choice for lifts with particular technical challenges in terms of lifting surfaces or surfaces to which lifting force is to be applied. Where companies are contemplating considerable investments in custom-engineering conventional lifting platforms, it may be well worth considering the simple principle of pneumatic actuation.”
“This can be particularly so when working in confined spaces, such as trenches and mines, where there is little room beneath pipelines and plant,” Mr Maslin adds.
Key features and benefits of the Pronal CLT lift cushions include:
- Can be used for striaght lifting, pressing, clamping, tilting and guiding
- Strokes from 70-585 mm (CLT), with longer strokes provided by combinations of cushions
- Custom sizes and shapes can be made to order if standard models are not suitable
- Inflated either by compressor or simple air cylinders
- Inflation pressures up to eight bar, regardless of stroke
- Construction from threaded layers coated with chemical resistant elastomer
- Non-slip surface providing maximum friction when stacking two cushions
- Control systems customised to particular uses