Nominations for the 2018 NAWIC Awards for Excellence close on Thursday 5 July.
The awards, which the NSW Chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) has hosted for 22 years, celebrate the contributions made by women at all career levels and in all sectors of the construction industry.
According to NAWIC’s NSW President Sarah Hogan, the MeToo and Time’s Up movements, and campaigns like International Women’s Day’s #PressforProgress, reflect changing values within the business and broader community.
“As the world changes for women, NAWIC is determined to maintain the momentum,” says Hogan.
“NAWIC embodies these important initiatives in our own industry – fairness, inclusion and equity of opportunity. The NAWIC Awards for Excellence are an important vehicle to advance the careers of women, and to enhance the property and construction industry too.”
In 2018, awards will be presented in 11 categories:
- Lendlease Crystal Vision Award
- Laing O’Rourke Business Woman of the Year Award
- MPA Award for Achievement in Construction, Refurbishment and Fitout
- Holcim Award for Contribution to Sustainability
- John Holland Award for Team Innovation
- HASSELL Award for Innovation in Design
- Probuild Project Manager Award
- Roberts Pizzarotti Award for Contribution to a Project’s Development
- Procore Scholarship for Future Leaders
- CPB Contractors Tradesperson Scholarship
- CBRE University Scholarship
“We urge individuals and companies from across the industry to nominate their established and emerging leaders, exceptional projects and extraordinary teamwork so that we can continue to press for progress,” says Hogan.
The 2018 NAWIC Awards for Excellence will be held at the International Convention Centre Sydney on Thursday 23 August.