Multishield is a fire-, water- and mould-resistant plasterboard made with a gypsum core and recycled blue liner paper. It combines the benefits and properties of Fireshield and Watershield, and is recommended for the lamination of the central fire barrier in the Interhome system.
Multishield is suitable for use in wet areas such as bathrooms, showers, toilets and laundries; and external walls behind cladding where an FRL (Fire Resistance Level) is required. It is used for internal linings in residential, commercial or industrial applications where a Fire Resistance Level (FRL) is required with the added requirement of water resistance.
When used in a system, it can meet the Fire Rating requirements for walls and ceilings required by the BCA (Building Code of Australia). It is recommended for the lamination of the central fire barrier in the Interhome separating wall system, and together with Intershield it provides superior protection against mould forming on the central fire barrier during construction.
Multishield is used in load-bearing and non-load-bearing applications and performs well where acoustic properties are also required. It is most commonly used in commercial projects or in the case of an Interhome application, in duplexes and townhouses.
- Meets the requirement for fire- and water-resistant applications
- Contains a powerful mould inhibitor
- Good sound insulation
- 4-in-1 single lining solution avoiding extra layers or lining types
- Multishield can be substituted into Fireshield systems and maintain fire and acoustic performance
- Multishield is recommended for the lamination of the central fire barrier in the Interhome system to offer mould resistance.