Winners for the 2015 Melbourne Design Awards have been revealed, with Lend Lease pipping a host of architecture, interiors, landscaping and urban designers to take top honours.
Exploring four distinct disciplines: space, object, visual and experience, the annual competition saw over $2.5 billion of designed projects recognised.
Property developers Lend lLease took out the Design Champion award, for their stand-out work on the Docklands and Toorak Park projects.
“Countering the perception of Docklands as windswept and unfriendly…we delivered a fine grain public realm network of streets, laneways, play spaces, courtyards, integrated public art, parks and promenades,” said Lend Lease on their entry form.
“Our place led curatorial program has connected Docklands to the city and people with each other.”
A trophy ceremony was presented by design100 founder, Mark Bergin.
With one hundred winning nominations spread across different categories, Bergin says that there is a growing sophistication in the Melbourne design marketplace.
“The courage demonstrated by clients and creative teams are the powerhouse behind a strong pool of award winners,” he said.
Established in Melbourne, the design awards are also being held in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, London, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Sydney.
The architecture, interiors, landscaping and urban design category and award recipients for the 2015 Melbourne Design Awards are as follows:
Best Design Champion and Chairman’s Award: Lend Lease
Victoria Harbour - City Quarter by Lend Lease and ASPECT|OCULUSPhotography by Andrew Lloyd
Gold Category Winners
- Retail Interior Design – RM Williams, e2
- Wayfinding – University of Melbourne Faculty of Architecture, UOMFoAB
Urban Design - Monument Park, MAB Corporation
Image by MAB Corporation
- Residential Interior Design – Balwyn Villa Unit Reinvigorated, SWG Studio
- Corporate Interior Design – Prahran, Hardhat
- Hospitality Interior Design – Chow City, EWERT LEAF Pty Ltd
- Landscape Design – Victoria Harbour, Lend Lease Development, ASPECT|OCULUS
Silver Category Winners
- Retail Interior Design – The Optometrist, Two Design
- Landscape Design – 108 Flinders Street Riverlee Pty Ltd, Tract Consultants
Retail Interior Design - Target, Dalziel & Pow
Photography by Akradiusz Rejman
- Residential Interior Design, The white space apartment, DSOD
- Corporate Interior Design – Y&R, THE BOLD COLLECTIVE
- Hospitality Interior Design – So 9 Interiors, BrandWorks
- Hospitality Interior Design – 5 and Dime Bagels Interior, Brandworks
- Hospitality Interior Design – Simple Seed, BrandWorks
The awards also recognised design excellence in product development, brand experience, graphic design and illustration.