CTBUH reveals top 4 world’s best tall buildings of 2015
Sydney ranks high on global skyscraper index
Infinity Tower by DBI Design is the only Australian skyscraper to feature on the annual top ten skyscrapers list compiled by Emporis for their 2014 Skyscraper Awards, the Brisbane tower finished ninth behind a formidable field with projects by Zaha Hadid, Rogers Stirk, Forster + Partners and Skidmore, Owings & Merrill.
The Skyscraper of the Year Award was awarded to a triple skyscraper project by Zaha Hadid Architects in Beijing, China called Wangjing SOHO, the project’s excellent energy efficiency and distinctive design impressing the jury.
Hadid’s project was chosen by an international panel of experts from a pool of 300-plus skyscrapers that are at least 100 meters in height and completed during the previous calendar year.
Infinity Tower came in at ninth, the 2014-completed skyscraper continuing its recent awards program success following a win at the 'International Property Awards' for 'Best Residential Highrise Development (Australia)'.
At 249 metres to its architectural tip, Infinity Tower is currently the tallest tower in Brisbane and the eight tallest in Australia. It features 549 apartments and 390 car parking spaces across its 90 floors.
The full list of winning projects and their architects:
1. Wangjing SOHO by Zaha Hadid Architects (Beijing, China). Photography by Jerry Yin
2. Bosco Verticale by Boeri Studio (Milan, Italy). Photography by Kirsten Bucher
3. Tour D2 by Agence d'Architecture Anthony Béchu, ATSP (Courbevoie, France). Photography by Mathieu Ducros / Opictures
4. One World Trade Center by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (New York City, USA). Photography by Iwan Baan
5. The Leadenhall Building by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners (London, United Kingdom). Photography by Rory Gardiner
6. Burj Mohammed Bin Rashid by Foster + Partners (Abu Dhabi, UAE). Image: Foster + Partners
7. Soyak Kristal Kule by Pei Cobb Freed & Partners, Has Mimarlik (Istanbul, Turkey). Image: Arup
8. One57 by Atelier Christian de Portzamparc, Frank Williams & Partners (New York City, USA). Image: Portzamparc.com
9. Infinity by DBI Design (Brisbane, Australia)
10. KKR Tower by GDP Architects (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia). Image: GDP Architects