Following a global search for talent, Beulah International has announced the shortlisted architects for a mixed-use development in the waterfront Melbourne suburb of Southbank.
Featuring some of the world's biggest names in architecture, the shortlisted architects will partner with Australian firms to participate in the design competition.
The shortlist is as follows:
- Bjarke Ingels Group with Fender Katsalidis Architects
- Coop Himmelb(l)au with Architectus
- MAD Architects with Elenberg Fraser
- MVRDV with Woods Bagot
- Office for Metropolitan Architecture (OMA) with Conrad Gargett
- UNStudio with Cox Architecture
"These architects are known to push boundaries and have worked on progressive large-scale projects across the globe that have redefined architecture," says Beulah International executive director Adelene Teh.
Southbank by Beulah is said to be the first major mixed-use design competition of this calibre, as well as the first competition for a private project of scale that is following the Australian Institute of Architecture guidelines.