Trimble Australia announces the release of the new version of Trimble GCS900 Grade Control System, allowing more configuration options for heavy and highway contractors involved in earthmoving and excavation jobs.
The announcement was made recently at ConExpo 2011, one of the world’s largest international exhibitions for construction and construction materials industries.
The Trimble GCS900 Grade Control System version 12.0 offers several new hardware options and features, and is easier to operate and integrate across the Trimble Connected Site portfolio of solutions.
The flexible configurations and improved jobsite connectivity in the new Trimble GCS900 Grade Control System allow contractors to streamline workflows and meet tighter project requirements, while meeting time and budget requirements.
Key features of Trimble GCS900 Grade Control System version 12.0:
- Advanced Trimble CB460 Control Box greatly enhances the operator experience on all GCS900 equipped machine types with more power and more memory
- Large 7-inch screen display for 3D profile information, grade guidance and warnings
- Display can be configured for operation in 2D or 3D mode based on the requirements of the contractor
- Fully integrates Connected Site grade control systems with Vision Link advanced telematics and asset tracking from Trimble using the new SNM940 Connected Site Gateway communications device
- SNM940 allows contractors to make better informed decisions, optimise asset productivity and reduce operational costs by connecting people with construction data in real-time
- New Trimble HS410 Heading Sensor offers additional flexibility to the excavator operator running Trimble GCS900 in 2D mode
- Ideal for applications such as trenching, digging footers and basements, building roads and site prep on residential, commercial and industrial jobsites
- Enables operator to save time and excavate in a wider directional area outside of the bench orientation without stopping to re-bench the laser
- New Trimble MS972 GNSS Smart Antenna offers a cost-effective solution for compaction contractors who need a highly accurate GNSS receiver for mapping pass counts
- Rugged Trimble on-machine GNSS receivers allow easy deployment across the compactor machine fleet
- New functionality in the GCS900 on-machine software allows data to be wirelessly transferred between the machine and the office in real-time
- Design updates can be sent to the machine and as-builts, system diagnostics and production data can be sent to the office, without any delay in machine operation
- Enhanced GCS900 version 12.0 streamlines excavator system measure-up and calibration processes
- Simplified installation procedures make installation easier and allow the excavator to get into production quicker
The Trimble GCS900 Grade Control System version 12.0 is available through Trimble’s worldwide SITECH Technology Dealer Channel and Heavy and Highway Construction Distribution Channel.