Screen Tech Industries was contracted to supply an ember guard solution for the Yarra Ranges Special Development School. Located in a rural bushfire area, the school needed an ember guard solution that could meet AS 3959/1999 BAL29 rating for ember guards. The school also had large box gutter areas that needed to be protected. For budgeting reasons, the project needed to be completed before the end of the fiscal year, leading to a challenging schedule.
Screen Tech offered their Tuff Mesh ember guard products to meet the requirement. Tuff Mesh ember guard features a 1.6mm aperture hole to ensure bushfire protection against the smallest of embers. The mesh was also swaged to facilitate better water flow and catchment as the school wanted to improve their tank’s water quality.
The project was significant in scope and needed to be undertaken in a BAL 29 bushfire risk area within a short timescale.
- Our project manager worked closely with the onsite manager and our installation partners.
- Gutter guard materials and colours were carefully assessed and selected to suit the building, roofing material and surrounds.
- Challenges included construction timescale, communication and minimal disruption to students and staff.
- All gutter materials were supplied pre-cut to size and swaged to ensure a fast installation.
- High quality Tuff Mesh ember guards were installed successfully and an excellent finish was achieved using a close colour match from our extensive colour range.