IXL Home presents the IXL easy duct thermal transfer system designed to transfer hot or cold air from one room to another.
The IXL easy duct thermal transfer system allows the heat source from a Cannon gas log heater, large space heater or reverse cycle air conditioner to be enjoyed in another part of the home at minimal extra cost. The innovative system allows consumers to get more out of their investment in an existing primary heating or cooling appliance by providing a cost- and energy-efficient solution for an additional room or space without having to buy a second heater or air conditioning unit.
The effective source of warm or cool air is courtesy of the powerful 170mm in-line exhaust fan with an impressive air extraction capability of 198m³/hour. The 40 watts, 55 litres/second fan in the easy duct thermal transfer system uses less energy than an average light bulb, and much less than an electric heating or cooling device, reducing running costs for the user.
Intelligently engineered self-sealing back draught flaps prevent warm or cool air from escaping into the ceiling cavity, while also stopping draughts from penetrating a space when the unit isn’t being used. The 6m of insulated ducting supplied with the system prevents any heat loss or gain during the air transfer process. The subsequent maintenance of a constant temperature in a room minimises the amount of energy required for heating.
IXL’s easy duct thermal transfer system is a very smart option for people wanting to reduce energy bills and their environmental footprint in general or for use in 5-Star energy rated homes or significant scale renovations.
As a one-way transfer unit, IXL’s easy duct thermal transfer system is designed for horizontal applications in multi-storey or standard roof structures. It’s suitable for use in low ceiling cavities and is supplied with a cut out template (200mm diameter) to ensure simple installation. A wall mounted heating and cooling thermostat is also included with the unit.
Key features of IXL’s easy duct thermal transfer system:
- Simple and cost effective way of achieving warm or cool air in another room without having to buy a second heater or air conditioner
- Warm air is diverted from an existing Cannon gas log heater, or alternatively cool air can be diverted from an air conditioner
- Australian designed and made to suit local conditions
- Discreet yet effective transmitter of warm or cool air
- Heats or cools an additional room up to 50m³ in size
- Suited for use in multi-storey or standard roof applications
- 2-year replacement warranty on the in-line unit