Panasonic Australia has introduced a new line of low-profile, compact dome network cameras featuring superior image quality, small size and discreet, IP66 vandal-resistant design.
The WV-SW155 and WV-SF135 dome network cameras are ideal for security applications in public areas such as retail or corporate environments, transportation applications in buses, trains, ambulances, taxis and armoured cars as well as surveillance applications at correctional centres.
The discreet compact-sized cameras deliver reliable performance and high-quality images with HD resolutions of up to 720p at 30 fps. The dome network cameras also offer multiple H.264/JPEG video streams, high-sensitivity day and night functionality and SD/SDHC recording.
According to Fraser Larcombe, Business Development Manager - Security and PBX Products, Panasonic Australia, the new series is the company’s first compact dome camera offering to the market, adding that the new line-up delivers advanced imaging technologies combined with effective design to suit diverse environments.
Panasonic i-PRO SmartHD WV-SW150 series
A vandal-resistant, Super Dynamic HD compact dome network camera, Panasonic’s new i-PRO SmartHD WV-SW155 combines full-frame 1280 x 960 H.264 images with Super Dynamic and ABS technologies to deliver 128x wider dynamic range when compared to conventional cameras.
The Face Super Dynamic Range technology allows for clear capture of facial images. The WV-SW155 series boasts a 104-degree viewing angle in a flat image without the fisheye effect.
Panasonic’s WV-SW152 is a vandal-resistant, Super Dynamic camera providing SVGA resolution (800x600), light sensitivity of 0.6 lux (colour) and 0.4 lux (B/W) at F2.2 and auto electronic sensitivity enhancement of 8x.
Both the WV-SW152 and WV-SW155 cameras can operate in a wide temperature range, comply with the IP66 environmental rating and are shock resistant compliant with IEC 60068-2-75.
Panasonic i-PRO SmartHD WV-SF130 series
An HD dome network camera providing full frame transmission of 1280 x 960 images using a 1.3 megapixel high-sensitivity MOS sensor, the Panasonic i-PRO SmartHD WV-SF135 features an internal dome making it ideal for use at entry and exit doors as well as in retail environments.
The Panasonic WV-SF132 is a VGA compact dome camera providing 640 x 480 H.264 images using a 0.32 megapixel high-sensitivity MOS sensor with light sensitivity of 2.0 lux (colour) and 1.3 lux (B/W) at F.2.9.
Key features of the WV-SW155 and WV-SF135 dome network cameras:
- Light sensitivity with day and night (electrical) function of 0.8 lux (colour) and 0.6 lux (B/W) at F2.2
- Provides up to 16x electronic sensitivity enhancement and Variable Image Quality on Specified areas (VIQS)
- Zoom (2x) is controlled by the browser, with a 2x extra zoom (4x) available under VGA resolution
- Panasonic UniPhier proprietary System LSI platform provides multiple H.264 streams and JPEG streams to ensure simultaneous real-time monitoring and high-resolution recording
- Adaptive Black Stretch (ABS) technology delivers a wider dynamic range compared to conventional cameras
- Face detection function detects the position of a human face and sends the information by XML or a video stream
- Meta data for Video Motion Detection (VMD) works with the Panasonic WJ-ND400 network video recorder's VMD function
- JPEG image compression ratio can be changed by the alarm function to provide higher-quality images
- Prioritised stream control allows a recorder or client PC to maintain the frame rate when multiple recorders or client PCs are accessing the camera
- SD/SDHC Memory Card slot provides manual recording, alarm recording or backup JPEG recording if the network fails
The WV-SW150 and WV-SF130 series dome network cameras are available now through Panasonic distributor Pacom.