NeXTimber® by Timberlink manufactures Australian made Glue Laminated Timber (GLT) from certified plantation radiata pine and offer a renewable, sustainable and low carbon solution for commercial, residential, and public projects; used on their own or in conjunction with traditional building materials.
Production of the NeXTimber range will begin in 2023 but our locally based technical support team is ready to help you now. Engaging NeXTimber early in a project can help maximise opportunities for efficiencies and savings in time, materials and costs.
The NeXTimber range will be produced at a purpose-built manufacturing plant being constructed adjacent to Timberlink’s world class timber manufacturing facility in Tarpeena, South Australia. Here, Timberlink finger-jointed, machine graded plantation pine, will be pressed together with an adhesive under pressure to create a high performing structural member well suited for use as beams, columns and portal frame structures.
Benefits of the NeXTimber GLT range
Premium Product Performance
- Made from consistent high grade feedstock, structurally graded with the latest technology to AS/NZS 1748.1 and verified to AS/NZS 4490 from Timberlink’s South Australian manufacturing facility.
- NeXTimber CLT & GLT products can achieve superior durability and fire performance with the use of thermoset adhesives for all gluing applications when compared to products manufactured using thermoplastic based adhesives.
Secure Local Supply
- All infeed stock comes from local plantations through our vertically integrated supply chain to ensure consistency of quantity and quality.
- One supply point for both CLT and GLT with associated fixings.
- Local Australian supply provides more flexibility in lead times to give design and build teams more opportunities for optimisation.
The Ultimate Renewable
- NeXTimber feedstock is sourced from co-located Timberlink mill with dual certified sustainability credentials.
- NeXTimber products provide carbon negative mass timber solutions for building components, providing a prime opportunity to reduce the embodied carbon of a project.
NeXTimber: It’s what better tomorrows are built on.