Hunter Douglas Commercial
has introduced a new industry-leading technology for their roller blind systems that enables the blinds to be operated quietly using battery power.
The Qmotion roller blind technology is a roller blind system featuring an integrated battery powered motor to operate the blind quietly with batteries lasting up to five years while allowing the user to also manually raise and lower the blind.
Jenny Brown, National Marketing Manager for Hunter Douglas Commercial explains that the new technology has been developed to provide a unique user experience with a quiet low cost motorisation option for every project.
Incorporating the batteries inside the roller tube for clean aesthetics, Qmotion roller blind technology provides a low cost motorisation option as no electrical connection or wiring is needed. Precision ball bearings in each tube minimise friction, reducing the power needed to raise or lower the shade and extending battery life to up to five years.
Key features of Qmotion roller blinds:
- Smooth and quiet in operation unlike conventional motorised blinds
- Operated by remote control or manual pull
- Compatible with a range of automation systems
- Works on regular D cell alkaline batteries discreetly hidden in the shade’s tube
- Blind does not need to be removed to change batteries
- Brackets for blinds available in three colours; white, black and silver
- Blinds available in standard roll or reverse roll
- No-cord design of blinds eliminates risk to children or pets