London's Olympic Park received much criticism
earlier this month for the lack of shade shelters available for ticket-holders at the Stratford venue. Olympic revellers and spectators were caught out in the famous English wet weather, with shelters only located at the official London 2012 merchandise store and the 1,500-seat capacity McDonald's restaurant.
Sydney Olympic Park
, however, boasts ample picnic shelters and shade areas around the former Olympic venues and parklands. With 430 hectares of open space, recreation areas, wetlands and waterways to cover and 2.6 million visitors annually, the provision of shelters were a main consideration during the planning process.
of the periodic El Nino weather pattern forming are already developing and the need for public shelters will become more important where sun and weather protection are concerned.
Although with specific reference horticulture, Landscaping Australia
has predicted some notable climate changes in the next few years:
- annual temperature across Australia is expected to have warmed up by 1ºC by the year 2030
- rainfall to increase by 2-5% by 2030 across Australia
- run-off will also substantially declined, resulting in significant negative impact for water quality and quantity
Australia's largest provider of engineered kit-form structures, Landmark Products
, provides urban or park shelters in adaptable standard kits or complete customised kits for that unique project.
Its unique, clever design provide a multitude of options for combining individual shelters to suit large larger projects.
All in one sun protection and unique landscape solution
Some of the key features and benefits of the engineered kit-form park shelters include:
- a selection of practical, attractive designs to choose from
- standard kits are fabricated in timber, steel or timber-and-steel combination
- choose from a range of Colorbond® roofing colours to give any project that individual touch
- wide range of material and finish options
- simple and easy to install
- compatible accessories and options to produce individual solutions for each project
Practical and cost effective solutions to Government and private sector purchases
Landmark's kit-form urban and park shelters can save you time and money for any project.
- planning and budgeting made easier through pre-agreed pricing
- reduced planning and construction time, labour costs and wastage
- written proposal with detailed costing is provided for approval
Landmark Products' kit-form structures provide shelter, convenience and a unique element to outdoor projects.