The Hire & Rental Industry Association Ltd
(HRIA) is an industry body which represents the $ 4 billion hire and rental industry in Australia. With a fast growing membership, now over 700 members, the association brings benefit services at either a national or state level.
Members of the association will include rental companies, suppliers and service providers and with the membership base continually expanding more hire and rental industry businesses will be reached in the near distant future. General plant hire, DIY hire, portable buildings, construction and access and events are just some examples of the fields that HRIA cater for.
HRIA will offer a wide range of services and benefits to members:
- Members will always be kept up to date with news from the hire and rental industry. A monthly newsletter plus The Hire and Rental News, a quarterly publication official to the hire industry, will be distributed to all members and also some relevant contacts outside of the membership group.
- An advice line with a 1800 number, hire contracts and stationary options as well as a national office that is supported by state committees are just some of the services on offer. The hope here is to build relationships with other members and businesses.
- Important information is accessible through a hotline support and also a HRnet online facility. This service will provide fact sheets which are specific to the hire and rental industry.
- Supplier nights, state meetings and training days are often held so that the suppliers and rental members can socialise and view new products.
- Safety and development training readily available.
- Industry rep web based Product Safety Assessment Register which will provide safety specs on equipment.
- Members must work a ‘Code of Conduct’ that will focus on support, safety, reliability and quality of equipment. Updated on a regular basis means that members will always be aware of the current safety requirements and regulations.