FEW Waterproofing presents a unique method for waterproofing lift pits during construction.
Waterproofing membranes are conventionally applied in lift pits to prevent leaking. However, the confined working conditions of the lift pit create a challenging environment to install the membranes.
A common waterproofing mistake is for the tanking membrane to extend externally from the base of the walls up. This tanking method is not sufficient to stop hydrostatic pressure forcing water from under the bottom edge of the membrane.
The lift pit cloaking method introduced by FEW Waterproofing solves this problem by completely surrounding the pit including the base, slab and walls in one continuous seamless waterproof membrane applied during construction of the lift pit. Liquid rubber is cold sprayed on the surfaces to create a flexible self-adhering seamless membrane with no points of potential weakness from welded or glued joins.
The lift pit cloaking forms a complete system of protection impervious to moisture.
Key features and benefits of lift pit cloaking:
- Quick, cost effective and simple lift pit tanking installation
- Significantly reduces installation time and labour costs
- Spray application creates a flexible self-adhering seamless membrane with no points of potential weakness
- Environmental waterproofing membrane system completely free of VOCs
- Stable, non-toxic, odourless, non-flammable components do not present a hazard prior to, during or following application
- Compliant with AS 3740(2004) Class 111 Waterproofing membrane
- Design service provided to architect and contractor prior to lift pit build