Erosion Protection Systems supply and install grout filled revetment mattress products, which are a cost effective alternative to more traditional methods of erosion control such as stone pitching and gabions.
Grout filled revetment mattress products are readily installed under water and are able to be coloured to blend in with their natural environment.
The revetment mattress is a double-layered fabric that acts as a formwork to allow the injection of a high strength grout between the layers.
Grout filled revetment mattress products act as a barrier to prevent erosion that can occur on engineering structures, including:
- wharf and harbour embankments
- embankment and lake linings
- culverts and spillways
- seawalls and river linings
- bridge abutments and road shoulder protection
- boat ramps and hovercraft pads; and
- sludge lagoons and aeration ponds.