Ergomotion are an Australian manufacturer of TV lifts and often observe consumers comparing pricing on TV lifts instead of the technical capabilities of the TV lifts.
All manufacturers make different TV lifts and there are many differences between all of the TV lift models available.
- Some of the key questions to ask include:
- Do the TV lifts have one motor or multiple motors?
- Do the TV lifts have smart logic?
- How easy are the TV lifts to install?
- Are the TV lifts quiet when they operate?
- Do The TV lifts have an optional remote control and is this included in the cost or an optional extra?
- How stable are the TV lifts especially when fully extended?
- How long is the warranty?
- Are spare parts readily available?
Overseas TV lifts can also be considered and some key questions to be considered include:
- Is the lift an equivalent quality and design of a locally manufactured one?
- Who will backup the warranty, if anyone?
- Is the voltage suitable and approved for Australian use?
- Will there be duties, taxes and GST payable on the goods? These costs and other miscellaneous costs can end up costing a lot more than going through a local supplier.
Ergomotion offers an unbiased breakdown of their TV lifts and the capabilities of each one. Each TV lift is designed for a specific market and costs can vary based on the design of each unit.
motionpc TV lifts have been designed for smaller TV’s up to 37” or 45kg in weight. They are single post lifts and are not as stable as the double post motiontv models. However, motionpc TV lifts are more than capable of lifting most of the flat screen TV’s on the market today. motionpc TV lifts including an IR remote control.
motiontv-DL442 TV lifts are double post lifts, making the television mounts stable and strong. These TV lifts have been designed for TV’s up to 42” or 660mm in height or 120kg. The speed of each post is controlled by a microprocessor in case there is more load on the one side as apposed to the other. motion-DL442 TV lifts feature a mounting plate that suites most TV’s up to 42” and come with an IR remote control. Motion-DL442 TV lifts have the ability to mount the TV between the post providing a slim fit and only requiring 145mm of depth to fit the lift in to.
motiontv-DL1160 TV lifts are similar to the motiontv-DL442 TV lifts. They have been designed to lift larger screens above 42” up to 960mm in height and can hold a weight of up to 100kg. The motiontv-DL1160 TV lifts include an IR remote control.
All TV lifts allow the TV to be mounted close to the ground, meaning that the design of the cabinet can be made as low as possible as the design of the cabinet is usually governed by the height of the TV as apposed to the height of the TV lift.
Full information and technical details for the motionpc and motiontv TV lifts can be obtained from Ergomotion.