A series of tests conducted by the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) has verified the composite structural behaviour of the Dincel 275 wall system to AS3600-2018 (Appendix B).
The findings reveal that the Dincel 275 walling system with its unique ring webbing provides significant benefits against a range of structural actions.
Testing was completed with the following infill types:
- Plain mass concrete
- Macro synthetic fibre (BarChip) reinforced concrete
- Steel bar reinforced concrete
- Dincel 275 shell provides additional flexural capacity, opening up the possibility for fibre reinforced basement/retaining walls (such walls have already been designed within Australian projects).
- Dincel 275 walls can be backfilled 24 hours after concrete infill (when suitably braced).
- Reinforced Dincel 275 offers fully ductile behaviour (μ=6), allowing for enhanced earthquake/wind design to AS3600 and NZS 3101.
- Effective flexural rigidity (lateral stiffness) is not reduced compared to conventionally formed counterpart.
- Interface shear capacity is comparable to a conventional concrete wall.
- The confinement offered by Dincel 275 wall enhances shear capacity.
Download the full UTS Test Report