CS SoundStop from CS Cavity Sliders is designed to offer all the features of standard cavity sliders with the added benefit of measured acoustic ratings. CS SoundStop acoustic cavity sliders are ideal for applications such as radio stations, recording studios and home theatres.
Cavity sliders refer to the cavity installed within wall framing that allows a door to slide inside the wall leaving clear space on both sides of the wall and opening while encouraging cohesion between rooms.
In addition to the benefits of CS’ standard models, CS SoundStop acoustic cavity sliders offer measured acoustic ratings up to STC 43.
These sliding door units are supplied complete with a specialised heavy duty door panel when an acoustic rating over STC 31 is required. Acoustic tiles are fitted onsite between the nogs. A triple brush seal is fitted to the bottom of the door to prevent sound transmission.
Key features of CS SoundStop acoustic cavity sliders:
- Heavy duty, one piece extruded aluminium track
- Unique design of the head jambs eliminates the need for unsightly pelmets
- Closing jamb always supplied as standard on SoundStop units
- Heavy duty, one piece extruded aluminium back stud
- Pre-finished aluminium split jambs
- Pre-primed nogs fitted on both sides and offset for adjacent wall fixing
- Extra nogs are available, or can be replaced with a full sheet of ply
- Heavy duty, one piece extruded aluminium bottom plate
- Skirting blocks fitted on either side of the bottom plate to fix linings and skirting
- Minimal carriage clearance inside the track ensures the door will not jam or jump off the track
- Large diameter wheels with precision ground bearings ensure smooth running on carriages for years
- Radiuses on track surfaces reduce friction and prevent dust build-up on carriages
- 4-wheel carriages are standard on all SoundStop units
- Quick release system allows the sliding doors to be removed easily from the cavity without altering door height adjustments