Boral Roofing advises homeowners to get regular checks done on their
roofs by a professional for complete peace of mind.
The roof is the first line of defence against bad weather, excessive
noise and extreme temperatures. To ensure the roof remains in the best
condition all year-round, the homeowner should get it checked by a qualified
roofing tradesperson for signs of damage, breaks or wear.
Owners of homes more than 25 years old should pay particular attention
to the roof, especially if the original materials are still in place. Charlie
Condo, general manager, Boral Roofing & Masonry East explains that lack of
upkeep can cause the roof to become damaged over time, resulting in ineffective
sarking and deterioration in overall roof performance.
Regular roof maintenance checks can give homeowners peace of mind during
wet or windy weather and help to improve the home's energy efficiency.
Boral’s 7-step roof check:
1. Check the roof for any cracked tiles, tile displacement or debris
2. Check old cement mortar bedding
3. Check flashings, gutters and downpipes
4. Check whether sarking is installed as a barrier against dust storms
5. Check for sufficient ventilation to remove hot or damp air
6. Check whether there is need to re-insulate the ceiling with bulk
7. Check whether individual tiles need to be replaced
Boral can provide a list of local roofing installers from its network of