The Australian Institute of Waterproofing
(AIW) was formed in 2004 by waterproofing industry professionals seeking to enhance their skills, and for the benefit of the waterproofing industry.
Association members include:
- Waterproofing contractors
- Waterproofing product suppliers
- Waterproofing product manufacturers
- Waterproofing trainers and educators
- Waterproofing apprentices
The association is passionate about providing its members with training and education, and facilitates the Certificate III Construction Waterproofing course, as well as various waterproofing short courses that address matters from external wet area through to remedial waterproofing.
Since its inception the association has developed strong relations with recognised industry organisations, government and regulatory bodies and training authorities and organisations, and it represents its members when engaging with these groups.
The association plays a particularly important role in developing and amending policies of relevance to the waterproofing industry.
Ensuring members are well-informed is of high importance to the association, and it collates and disseminates information of relevance to the waterproofing industry on a regular basis.
It also produces Construction Waterproofing, a quarterly e-newsletter that contains event details, national licensing, Standards Australia and policy updates, as well as new product information.
The association organises meetings, seminars and social events on a regular basis for the benefit of its members and the waterproofing industry. They are designed to provide attendees with the opportunity to openly discuss industry issues and concerns.
Member benefits include:
- The ability to use the association’s logo on all communication materials
- Discounted prices on training, clothing and Certificates of Completion
- Free consumer referrals
- Company listing on the association’s official website
- Free advice and technical assistance
- Networking opportunities