Alvi Technologies (also trading as Gas Alarm Systems) introduces a new line of leak detectors and spill detectors from JOLA Germany for water or acids.
Suitable for conductive liquids such as water and acids, JOLA Leckstar leak and spill detectors are designed to signal the presence of spilled water or acid from burst pipes or tank leaks.
The leak and spill detectors are installed in normally dry environments.
Five types of electrodes are provided and selected based on the application. The electrodes include:
- Plate electrodes
- Rod electrodes
- Suspension electrodes
- Cable electrodes
- Tape electrodes
The selected electrode is connected to the Leckstar relay unit for alarm generation and warning of any acid/ water spill or leakage. The relay unit comes with optional cable break monitoring and can be installed in any switch cabinet.
- Designed to signal the presence of a conductive liquid caused by burst pipes
- Electrode plates must point downwards
- Can be used on floors or in false ceilings
- Alarm signal is given when the two electrode plates of a plate electrode come into contact with water or acid and an electrical contact is made
- Can be installed from the top or from the side
- Rod tips must be just above the floor to be monitored
- Alarm signal is given when the two non-insulated electrode rod sensor surfaces of a rod electrode come into contact with water or acid and an electrical contact is made
- Can be installed pointing downwards
- Alarm signal is given when the two electrode rods come into contact with water or acid and an electrical contact is made
Cable and tape electrodes
- Suitable for floors, false ceilings, alongside pipes or in double-pipe systems
- Installed at the lowest point of the potential hazard area to be monitored
- Alarm signal is given when the two stainless steel ropes of a cable or tape electrode come into contact with water or acid and an electrical contact is made