Established in 1998, the Aluminium Foil Insulation Association
(AFIA) is currently the national peak body that represents the largest membership of all insulation industry associations in Australia.
AFIA represents the majority of independent manufacturers of radiant barrier insulations and reflective foil laminates available in Australia.
The Association communicates and promotes the environmental importance of high quality aluminium foil insulation for improving energy efficiency in modern building design.
Key objectives of the Association
The main aim of AFIA is to be the voice for its members, effectively communicating and promoting the benefits of radiant barrier insulations and reflective foil laminates to the industry, government and the general community.
Some of the key objectives of the Association are:
- promote the use of foil insulation systems as an insulation solution in the design of buildings
- work with State and Federal Governments to ensure that reflective foil insulation systems are appropriately dealt with in regards to regulations and in promotions of building energy efficiency
- encourage high standards in the manufacture of foil insulation products
- contribute to relevant Standards Committees to ensure that appropriate Standards are available for the building industry
- promote a high standard of practice in the installation process
- promote continuous testing and research of the insulation regarding thermal performance, moisture, fire, health, and ecological impacts relevant to Australia’s climatic conditions
- contribute to the wider effort by Government and the insulation industry
- foster and support the development of a highly professional aluminium foil insulation industry
The Aluminium Foil Insulation Association (AFIA) also represents industry and its members on:
- Australian Standards working committee, BD58, ‘Thermal Performance and Insulation of Dwellings’ for building infrastructure
- Australian Building Codes Board committee, ITAC, (Insulation Technical Advisory Committee)