Alspec invites you to the first briefing on new research the company has funded that shines much needed light on building product selection and information.
This information will apply to all building products so this is a presentation not to be missed.
Authored by Dr Nicole Johnston of Strata Knowledge, and Michael Teys, the research focuses on how building products are selected and what information is presently available and accessible to building product specifiers from manufacturers’ and suppliers’ websites.
At this briefing you will hear from research co-author, Michael Teys on the report’s findings and how architects, designers, and building professionals will need to get new information about the building products they select, including:
- The suitability of the building product for its intended use;
- How (not just if) the building product meets the relevant Australian Standards;
- Circumstances, conditions, and restrictions where it is safe to use the building product;
- Instructions on installation; and,
- How the building product must be used to remain compliant with the NCC.
About the presenter
Michael Teys is with City Futures Research Centre, University of New South Wales where he studies the impact of laws on high density and mixed-use developments. He is a specialist in strata title development and management. He has presented recently on strata development, management, and building safety issues at the House of Commons, London; Oxford University, England; and the Onati International Institute of Sociology of Law, Spain.
Date and time
Thursday, 8 June 2023 | 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM AEST
AluSpace by Alspec, 100 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, NSW 2027
Click here to register