Clear PVC cafe blinds are a modern way of turning your outdoor structure into an all weather room.
The following steps will prolong the life of your cafe blinds and keep them looking good.
- Leave your PVC cafe blinds rolled down with zips closed as much as possible
- Wash blinds regularly with warm water and add a little dish washing detergent a car sponge and chamois can be used, nothing abrasive should be used
- Try to roll and unroll in warmest part of the day, this will mean the blinds are at their loosest width.
- When rolling, try to keep smooth and keep creases out, the blinds have a memory, sunlight will help remove any creases
- Do not roll up when wet, if blinds appear white and milkish let them dry out and they will return to clear
- When using hold up straps at top of blind make sure your cafe blind is not creased and release the pulley kit tension to minimise creasing
Addstyle Blinds & Awnings recommend that you do not leave water pooled in the blinds for extended period of time as this can result in white milkish looking patches on blinds, these should disappear as the blind dries.
Addstyle Blinds & Awnings recommend and sell Plexus Spray to rejuvenate clear PVC café blinds.
Cafe Blinds are transparent, not reinforced, plastic film. As with all plastic it expands and contracts significantly with changes in temperature. Temperature also effects the flexibility of the film making it more difficult to operate when cold.
Due to it being a non reinforced film unlike canvas or reinforced PVC's it expands and contracts more than these traditional blind materials. The impact of expansion and contraction can be minimised by adopting the user guidelines above.