In all projects, Studio Equator is committed to minimising its current and future impact on the environment, and Whites Dispensary is a good example of what alternatives to traditional construction can be achieved with this ethos in mind.
The practice’s approach with Whites Dispensary’s sustainable design was to create a concept that would age gracefully and not date, thus extending the length of time the tenancy fit out can be maintained without requiring a re-fit.
Whites Dispensary had already been in business for many years, and the aim was for the new design and fit out to last many more years, in terms of both design and durability.
All these features ensure that Whites Dispensary is cutting edge and totally unique, and indeed the strong customised fit out is an integral part of the brand.
- Energy efficient lighting fixtures and fittings
- Reclaimed materials used such as timber, concrete, shelving, counters, bulkheads and signage blades
- Open plan space with smaller shelving space and no storage ensuring all products are on display and minimizing footprint
- Recycled and carbon neutral paper stock used
- Wastage system in place
- More sustainable financial model with strategic branding and visual identity concept
Photography by Anne-Sophie Poirier