Quintessential Equity has a strong commitment to sustainable and responsible building practices as well as a dedication to upgrading and regenerating energy inefficient buildings, and 10 Moore Street is no different.
Located adjacent to the Canberra GPO and boasting approximately 6,711sqm of newly upgraded office facilities, 10 Moore Street offers the ideal platform for businesses of all sizes seeking the much sought after combination of a city centre location combined with high quality, 21st Century office accommodation.
In an effort to increase the building's NABERS Star Rating from 3.5 Star to a targeted 4.5 Stars, 10 Moore Street underwent a significant internal refurbishment program in order to allow it to become more energy efficient and environmentally compatible.
The refurbishment program included the replacement of old chillers and pumps with more energy-efficient units, the replacement of old boilers and pumps with more efficient units, and the implementation of speed controls on all pumps and fans to ensure the in-house air handling plant can turn-down in response to increased building loads.
The refurbishment program also consisted of the optimisation of all HVAC control strategies (as well as ongoing fine tuning to maximise tenant comfort and minimise building energy requirements), a complete review of in-house air supply, repair of air leakages and the re-calibration of the entire building's air supply, the implementation of a new energy monitoring system to allow real time tracking of the building's energy consumption, and the refurbishment of the motors and controllers of all three passenger lifts.
- Initiated a full building systems review including a detailed energy audit and the identification of the building's energy inefficiencies
- Designed and implemented a tailored sustainable energy plan for the building
- Examined how to best maximise energy cost savings for tenants while simultaneously ensuring 10 Moore Street became a high quality, energy efficient building retrofitted for the 21st Century
- Commissioned an extensive refurbishment and upgrade program of the building's interior and its lift infrastructure
- Increased the NABERS Energy rating of a 6,711sqm office building from 3.5 Stars to a target of 4.5 Stars, with minimal capital expenditure
SMARDT-POWERPAX WATER COOLED CENTRIFUGAL CHILLERS
MODULEX CONDENSING HOT WATER HEATER
KONE REGENERATE 800 MACHINE AND CONTROLLERS