For over 150 years the management of postal services in South Australia has been centered around the General Post Office. How times have changed and Adelaide's GPO, in common with most of the GPO’s around Australia, now serves another purpose.
Australia Post have relocated to a purpose built fitout on Level 2 & 3 of Tower 8 and recently received the targeted 5 Green Star rating for the project. The fitout maintains a nationwide commitment to open plan with minimal offices. Workstations are pushed to the north and south facades, locating staff adjacent to light and views and allowing maximum penetration of natural light.
Meeting spaces, quiet rooms and utility areas are located centrally along with a training facility and large singular break area.
The overall feel is warm, open, flexible and efficient, contemporary without being trendy. We can't say if Post will be in this location for the next 150 years but hope this fitout sees them prepared for the future.
- Selection of green base building, Tower 8 utilises chilled beam air conditioning and energy efficient lighting
- All plumbing fixtures feature low water use
- Significant amount of indoor planting to improve indoor air quality
- Open plan work space with workstations pushed to the perimeter for maximum access to light and view for staff
- Provision of secure bike parking and shower and change facilities
- Selection of environmentally accredited or appropriate materials, finishes and furnishings for ease of care and long life
Photography by Lyndon Stacy